This article on kidney health and avoiding kidney damage has been written by http://www.healkidneydisease.com and Robert Galarowicz MD – Founder of Healthy Kidney Publishing and the author of The All Natural Kidney Health & Kidney Function Restoration Program.
Kidney disease has reached epidemic proportions. Health experts from around the world have no suggestions for stopping it. The kidney disease epidemic is closely tied to the diabetes epidemic, which is responsible for half the kidney failure in the United States. As the baby boomer population ages, diabetes will become more common and the incidence of kidney disease will increase.
Kidney disease continues to grow in other parts of the world. In Africa the incidence is growing due to environmental pollution and toxins in the drinking water. Conversely, in countries such as Costa Rica, dehydration is causing kidney failure in crop workers.
The underlying causes of kidney disease are many and varied, but the consensus among doctors, nutritionists and health experts is that nutrition, diet and lifestyle are principal factors in preventing kidney damage or failure.
Here are 5 steps to maintaining kidney health and avoiding kidney damage. They also include links to youtube.com videos where you can learn more:
- Exercising will detoxify the kidneys and support your overall health. The effects of exercise should never be underestimated. Exercise reduces blood pressure. Studies have indicated that exercise contributes to reducing inflammation. Reducing inflammation is essential, as every form of kidney disease has inflammation. Exercising, even for those with chronic kidney disease, will prolong life.This video will tell you more about these studies and show you what types of exercises are beneficial:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8PHJB-aox4
- Keep your body hydrated. Drink clean water, not sodas or sugary drinks. Clean water flushes the kidneys, removing harmful toxins. Drink at least 8, eight-ounce glasses of water per day. You can substitute green tea, if you want a change of taste.This video will explain why sodas are harmful and contribute to kidney damage:
- Reduce or eliminate your use of over-the-counter (OTC) or prescription painkillers that contain ibuprofen. These medications, known as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS), shrink and destroy blood vessels in your kidneys. Avoid these products if possible.This video explains how Tylenol and other OTC medications should be avoided: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70hPeUTlim4
- Foods such as apples, extra virgin olive oil, cabbage, cauliflower, and strawberries, are filled with antioxidants, health-boosting phytochemicals and have anti-inflammatory properties, which help improve kidney function.This video explains what food groups have a negative effect on kidney health:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNefQ14SepM
- High fiber foods and fiber supplements remove harmful toxins, thereby reducing kidney stress and improving kidney functions.Here you can see what types of foods to eat and supplements to use: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i8WpnP_03M
About Healthy Kidney Publishing
Healthy Kidney Publishing publishes books and ebooks about natural ways to improve kidney function and avoid dialysis. Publications include materials on diet, supplements, vitamins, minerals, herbs and lifestyle techniques along with medications to heal kidney disease.
You can easily learn more about Healthy Kidney Publishing premier product, The “No Dialysis Needed” All Natural Kidney Health & Kidney Function Restoration Program. Click the link: http://www.healkidneydisease.com